Friday, April 25, 2014

I am

This is an art doll I created for a challenge by the Space Coast Doll Artist. 
The theme was entitled “Who Am I?”




It’s impossible for me not to feel pulled in many directions, and lately I have realized the importance of taking time to center myself, to remember who I am and why I am here. However, as soon as I come to that place of peace within, I again feel pulled away, by things or concepts or thoughts that are important at that moment, such as Family, Health, or Finances. Then there is always a cloud of Expectation, Duty, and Obligations, telling me those are more important. I am surrounded by Chaos, Issues and Expectations. The only way I can stay sane is to keep reminding myself remain calm and centered, as my life franticly surrounds around me.


Materials: star-shaped muslin body stuffed with fiberfill, painted with acrylics; faux-porcelain clay cabochon face; upholstery fringe; embroidery hoop surrounded with shredded repurposed silk strips; embellished with beads and metallic threads.


No comments:

Post a Comment