Friday, September 27, 2013

A Prayer Flag for Peace







Prayer Flags have suddenly introduced themselves into my life. A chance post on Facebook not long ago, then a mysterious appearance of a set of meditation flags in the yoga classroom, and finally today a story in a magazine....OKAY, I get it! Time for me to add Prayer Flags to my collection of projects.


So I made my first Prayer Flag today, using batik fabric and applique techniques, topped off with metallic thread free-motion stitching. I added fabric strips to help catch the wind, attached with tiny glass beads.


A prayer flag's purpose is to release its message to the winds that will ultimately carry the vibration around the world. I hereby send positive energy to the Universe by creating and hanging this Peace Prayer Flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment